Homoeopathy (=homeopathy) is an alternative method of treatment, based on the nature's Law of Cure, namely 'Like Cures Like'namely in Germen Language Similia Similibus Curantur . The truth of this law was discovered by a German scientist Dr. Samuel Hahnemann in 1796, and has been verified experimentally and clinically for 200 years. Hippocrates (460 BC - 370 BC), the father of medicine, had insisted that the physician has to study the patient, not just illness. In treating patients, he should do everything to assist the nature, the great healer, to affect cure. He advocated similimum. Rig Veda, the source book from which ayurveda originated, states that cure for poison lies in the poison itself. It was by an accident that the German physician Dr. Christian Fredericke Samuel Hahnemann came across a similar statement by Dr. Cullen that the Cinchona barks decoction (which helps to relieve the symptoms of malaria) causes intermittent fever in healthy persons.
To understand the effects of Cinchona bark in intermittent fevers, Hahnemann experimented on his own self. Intake of Cinchona resulted in occurrence of condition simulating intermittent fevers. This effect that Cinchona bark produced on him gave birth to the idea of homoeopathy. Hahnemann continued to experiment on himself and on others, close to him, noting that every substance he took produced definite distinct symptoms. He further noted that no two substances produced, exactly the same set of symptoms. Each substance provoked its own unique pattern of symptoms, both on physical and mental plane. At first, Hahnemann tested substances commonly used as medicines in his time (such as Antimony and Rhubarb) and also, poisons like Arsenic and Belladonna. To avoid harmful effects from normal doses of the substances he diluted each medicine until he reached the greatest dilution that would still produce a response. These experiments were called provings and led him to observe and describe the basic principles of homoeopathic medicine. One can observe the similarity of basic concepts of homoeopathy for curing diseases with Hippocrates’s statement and the Rig Veda. Dr. Hahnemann today is considered as father of experimental pharmacology and father of homoeopathy.
Homoeopathy is the revolutionary, natural medical science. Homoeopathy is gentle and effective system of medicine. The remedies are prepared from natural substances to precise standards and work by stimulating the body's own healing power.
How long has Homeopathy been used?+
Homeopathy has been used in the UK for over two hundred years, but has an honourable tradition dating back to ancient Greece. It was Samuel Hahnemann, a brilliant doctor working in 1796 who developed the scientific and philosophical foundations of this gentler way of healing. These scientific principles form the basis of successful homeopathic practice today.
- The English Royal Family has been under homeopathic care since 1830 and there has always been a Royal Homeopathic Doctor. The Queen carries her ‘black box’ of homeopathic remedies with her on all her travels.
- In 1831 Cholera swept through Europe. Homeopaths treating the disease achieved a mortality rate (number of people who died) of less than 4% compared to conventional medical treatments, where the mortality rate was 59%. In 1854 during the cholera outbreak in London, deaths at the London Homeopathic Hospital were a mere 16.4% compared with the 50% average for other hospitals.
- The World Health Organization has stated that homeopathy is the second leading system of medicine for primary health care in the world. It is covered by national healthcare systems in many countries and is recommended by healthcare professionals worldwide. Over 30 million people in Europe use homeopathic medicine.
What happens when you see a homeopath?+
Your homeopath understands that establishing good health involves treating both mind and body, so The homoeopath needs a detailed understanding of who you are, along with details of any complaints and how you experience them .Time is taken to listen to your emotional and physical symptoms that’s why good homeopaths give appointment to patient.Never visit Homeopathy in hurry. To stimulate your body's own healing process known as vital force Previously modern medicine deny this but as technology advance now they called Immune System.So Allopaths or other system 200 year old to understand nature of Human mechanism to fight diseases.A remedy closest to your individual symptom is prescribed termed as Constitutional Remedy. The series of questions on this site Consultation form will lead you through all the types of information required in order to treat you Healing begins from within your body, strengthening your health and immune system, without any danger of damaging side effects.
The more your homoeopath knows about you, the more easily will he or she be able to treat you effectively
Are homeopathic remedies safe?+
Homeopathic remedies are a unique, potentised energy medicine, drawn from the plant, mineral and animal worlds. They work by gently boosting the natural energy of the body, and are very safe, even for pregnant and sensitive patients. There is no danger of addiction or toxicity.Even safe for new born ,Infants and children ailments like Cold, Cough, Fever, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Dysentery, Colic, Tonsillitis, Bronchitis, Asthma, Measles, Chickenpox, Mumps, Dentition problems, etc.
What can homeopathy treat?+
Homeopathy treats the person not diseases, It works by stimulating the body's own healing power. This stimulus assists your system in clearing itself of any expressions of imbalance.
The homoeopath gives you a medicine or remedy which matches your symptoms as you experience them, and which takes into account you as a person - your individual characteristics emotionally as well as physically.
Homoeopathy Depends upon symptoms more than diagnostics why?+
In Homoeopathy Symptoms are the language of a disease — the body’s attempt to balance itself. Without symptoms, a person could have a potentially life threatening illness with no way of identifying it. There have been many cancer patients who reported that they hadn’t suffered from a cold or flu in years prior to their diagnosis. The explanation was probably not that they didn’t have infections during this period, but more likely that their bodies were unable to fight these infections by producing necessary symptom indications.
- Many conventional drugs try to inhibit and suppress symptoms — sometimes leading to even more serious symptoms. Conventional (allopathic) physicians do not usually recognize the new series of symptoms as being related to the old. Thus, they treat them as new and unrelated problems.
- Did you know that a fever is the body’s attempt to activate the immune system’s white blood cells and defend itself from infection? If a person is given a symptom-supressing medication — fighting the fever — too soon, they will be less able to fight the actual infection.Thats why people suffer more from Typhoid these days .
- Did you know skin Rash is Earlier Manifestation of Uric acid.If you not control it will leads to joints problem & Stone formation kiney or Gall bladder.
- Homeopathy does not seek to remove or suppress symptoms. Its goal is to recognize and remove the underlying cause of these symptoms. This is why a homeopath will work toward understanding the whole person — including their body, mind and emotional state — before prescribing a remedy.
Why should homoeopathy be the choice of therapy?+
Homoeopathy is highly scientific and extremely effective method of healing. It offers long lasting to permanent cure, treating the disease from its roots, for most of the ailments. It cure cause of disease.Homoeopathy is the most rational science with respect to its concepts of health, disease and cure. Homoeopathy does not treat superficially but heals the patient from within by stimulating body own healing power named as Immune System by modern science.. Undoubtedly, homoeopathy is the medicine of future as it understand 200 years before any other healing practice.Treatment for all Acute like fever ,coryza ,itch ,headaches,diarrhoeas etc as well as chronic diseases like skin disease, eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus, vitiligo, allergy, asthma, rhinitis, arthritis, psychiatry, mental disease, depression, stress, fissure, ulcer , acidityexcessive anxiety, irritability, insecurity, obsessive traits, undue jealousy, suspicion (paranoid) fears, depression, neurosis
How long does treatment take?+
This depends on the illness as well as the other individual characteristics of your case. In general, a slowly developing or long-standing complaint takes longer to cure than an acute one. Remember that homoeopathy aims to cure both the cause of you illness as well as its symptoms, so be patient.
Why does homoeopathy take a long time ?+
It is a myth that homoeopathy is slow acting.Homeoapthic Medicine are sometime more faster than allopathic while in heart attack most of medicine takes 10-15 minute minimum Amyl Nitrate Q take 20-25 sec to relieve pain & congestion in chest. Most of the times what happens is the patient comes to us with long history of chronic illness or when no hope left like in cancer ,Fistula,Piles or advanced cases of Arthritis. Therefore the treatment takes time. Homoeopathy is in fact fast acting in acute conditions such as fever, diarrhoea, vomiting, Sneezing etc.works in minutes without having any side effects.
Homoeopathy is Psychological+
If you think you must "believe in" homeopathy for it to work, you need to know that it is not a placebo effect. Here are some powerful examples:
- Infants: Homeopathic remedies and treatments are successfully used by parents for common infant ailments such as colic, teething pain and some infections. It can easily save children from tonsils & adenoid operation which are very common these days .
- Animals: There are many veterinarians using homeopathic medicines to treat domestic pets such as cats, dogs and birds, as well as barnyard animals like goats, horses and cows. Is it possible to have a placebo effect with animals?
- Millions of people across the world use and rely on homeopathic remedies.According to World Health Organisation, homoeopathy is the second largest system of medicine in the world. Which itself show trust of people in Homeopathy .Homeopathy is never funded by Pharma companies or Politics it is growing due to common people supporting homeopathy
While Homeopath says disease cure instead of treat by us why it reoccur+
We eat daily pesticide unconciously , fast food ,genetic modified foods etc also upset balance of health disease reoccur again & again these days.So During the course of homoeopathic treatment or after it has been stopped if something happens in your day today life at mental or physical level to upset the balance created in your system by the homoeopathic medicine the original complaint can be felt again. But it is true that with homoeopathic treatment, the capacity of the person to handle such upset improved and relapses may not occur.
Why should there be a gap before and after the intake of the medicine ?+
Homeopathic medicines are in Minute doses .You have to keep the medicine on the tongue so that it comes in contact with the nerves which are root of medication not stomach as in allopathic . That is the reason why we say not to eat anything half an hour before or after. So that the tongue has nothing else that will interfere with the absorption of the medicine.Even if it goes to stomach fundus is clear in half hour .So medicine is not mixed with food.
Can homoeopathy and other system of medicine(Ayurveda/Allopathy) be taken together?+
We do not advocate the use of Ayurveda and homoeopathy together because both are holistic medicine. Therefore, if you take two together, we don't know how to evaluate your progress. We will not come to know with which system you are better. Same with the case of allopathy. Also these conventional medicines change the symptoms to such an extent that their original presentation of the symptom is lost, making it difficult to gather enough accurate information to prescribe the correct homoeopathic remedy. The symptoms are the compass that a homoeopath uses to find his way to the right remedy. If you were to take conventional medication to treat symptoms after beginning homoeopathic treatment, you could stop the action of the remedy, rendering it ineffective. Most of the acute conditions are handled well with homoeopathy but in some exceptional conditions, we do advice the patient to take allopathic treatment.
Why choose Homeopathy over allopathy & other system like Ayurveda+
Homoeopathy has a unique approach of the method Key concepts of homoeopathy include
- Homoeopathy seeks to stimulate the body's defense mechanisms(immune System) and processes so as to prevent or treat illness,which no other medical treatment can provide so you are not dependent on medicines. So it is best for childrens & old people.
- Treatment involves giving very small doses of substances called remedies that, according to homoeopathy, would produce the same or similar symptoms of illness in healthy people .So Homeopathy medicine are increasing year by year rather than banned after few year when patients aware of side effects of Medicine .For Eg Nimisulide banned due to reason it Harms liver in long run ,Aspirin is Banned due to thinning of blood it causes Heart Attack .If i write this there is need of seperate page .So we will discuss later .
- Treatment in homoeopathy is individualized (tailored to each person). Homoeopathic practitioners select remedies according to a total picture of the patient, including symptoms, lifestyle, emotional and mental states, and other factors.